1. Nickelback quote of the day: “Set down the ‘Guitar Hero,’ learn how to play an actual guitar and start a band, because it’s hard to find more bands to put a solid rock-and-roll package together, to get out there. It’s getting harder and harder, but I think we’ve done it,” said Chad Kroeger [mtv.com]. There are about five reasons why this statement is hysterical. Can you find them all?
2. Chinese Democracy knock of the day: “Everything about “Chinese Democracy” is aggrieved and inflated. It was made with a rotating cast of characters that includes seemingly everyone in Los Angeles except for the actual members of GN’R’s classic lineup — it’s like a modern-day, heavy-metal WPA project” [washingtonpost.com].
3. White Zombie box set [4CDs/1DVD], Let Sleeping Corpses Lie to be released on Tuesday. Why? “I can see it, strangely enough, in the royalty checks. Every year the band makes more money,” said Rob Zombie [reuters.com].
4. Some drunk guy at hockey game makes a list of top metal sports tunes. Not a bad list, but I would replace “The Fight Song” with “Disposable Teens,” and “Crush ‘Em” with any other Megadeth song [examiner.com].
5. Don’t forget to tune in to VH-1 Classic at 11 p.m. tonight for the second episode of Eddie Trunk’s That Metal Show. The second season starts filming in February [dailynews.com].